Substack supplies an RSS feed for each site, but there is no information included within that would help discern whether a post is paid or public. Filters based on searches such as "Read more" create too many false positives and are unreliable. After playing with this for quite a while, I realized that if you scrape the site yourself you can create a flag for paid articles and have FreshRSS mark anything with the flag as read. It only works with FreshRSS version 1.25.0-dev or above, since there was previously an issue with flags being ignored during scrape operations.
I've included example code for Many Such Cases, written by Magdalene J. Taylor. I highly recommend that you subscribe and follow her writing, as she is tremendous! All you should need to change is the title and URL. As a bonus, this scraper also supplies a larger thumbnail image than the official feed.
Substack RSS feed (with filter for paid articles)
Docs: http://davidlauria.com/software/cidrss_v5.htm Download: http://davidlauria.com/software cidrss takes your caller-id log and publishes it in four different formats. It works with the two major CID programs on the Tivo, elseed and ncid , and requires the very excellent TivoWebPlus 2.x . This thread is the place to post questions and comments. I update the program all the time, so feel free to post feature requests too. If you find it useful, In lieu of a donation please go to http://RejoiceTonight.com and consider downloading a song or two by the author's musical group!
Comments